10 Simple Garden Maintenance Tips for the Non-Gardener
Gardening really isn’t for everyone. If you more of a sun bather than a delve right in with a spade in hand kind of person, then this guide is right up your street. Check out my top 10 gardening tips for the non-gardener:
- It doesn’t need to be a mammoth task! Flower beds need a top up 1-2 times a week maximum.
- Don’t drown your plants, an even covering of flower beds is suffice.
- Avoid plant heads to prevent damage.
- Forgotten to water? Add plant food to your next batch. This gives them a little spruce up for greener leaves and more vibrant colours.
- Don’t cut your grass too short – Leave it at least 5cm long.
- Don’t drown the grass. 10 – 15 litres of water per sq.m is enough.
- Pull weeds from the root to prevent further growth or spreading.
Automate the Process
- Don’t have time to water the plants or lawn? Get some automatic sprinklers to do it for you.
- Don’t enjoy mowing the lawn? If you’ve got the budget – Automatic lawn mowers take the chore out of cutting the grass but can come at a cost.
Not feeling gardening at all?
10. Go artificial – Eliminate the process all together and opt for fake grass – There’s a range to suit every budget!