Care for the skin you’re in!
As some of you may know I am a makeup artist in nd I have decided to start incorporating some beauty into my blog.
I am a huge fan of makeup and what it can do but I think the foundation for your makeup if far more important. By foundation I’m not talking about base makeup I am talking about our skin!
I have had problems with my skin in the past but at the moment my skin is in the best condition it has ever been purely because I have been taking care of it.
I will be 30 this year (eek) and I have only been making an effort with my skin for approx. the last two years.
My skin care routine is pretty simple and it works for me. I must stress at this point that what works for one person may not work for another and I feel like finding your best routine is a matter of either trial and error or thorough research.
In this post I am just going to show you what works for me and show you that you don’t need a 100 step programme to achieve and maintain good skin.
1. Simple kind to skin moisturising facial wash I use this everyday when washing my face in the shower, I love the simple range because it is so gentle.
2.Bioderma Sensibio H2O This is my daily cleanser, I swear by it and use it on myself and my makeup clients. I use it to remove makeup and find it super effective (even with water proof eye makeup) I also use it when I have no makeup on just as an everyday cleanser.
3. Clinique clarifying lotion This is a liquid exfoliator and I only use this about 2-3 times a week and has worked well for me for the last two years.
4. Avene Cleanance toner. This is a very new addition to my skin care routine as I have never used a separate toner before but I heard wonderful things about this one so I am now giving it a try out.
When it comes to moisturisers I jump between these three depending solely on the weather
1. Clinque dramatically Different Moisturising Gel I use this one when the weather is really warm, as its a gel it is very very light weight and even though it feels as though you have nothing on your skin it is very moisturising.
2. No7 Essential Moisture day fluid This is my go to face cream most of the time, I find it works very well and is again very light weight (which I prefer for having under makeup as well) This is a great cream to chuck on every day and sometime i mix it with a foundation to make a tinted moisturiser for day when i just want to even out my skin tone without a full face of slap.
3. Embryolisse Lait Creme Concentrate This is a very heavy cream popular in the makeup world at the moment. I use this cream only in the winter it is very thick and luxurious but not a good cream for people with oily skin. Even in the winter I only use it at night before bed and skin is beautiful in the morning.
I’m loving my skin at the moment. sometimes on lazy days I will just cleanse and moisturise, I tend not to deviate away from these products because they have been working so well for me. Sometimes I hear about wonder products and give those a shot but I always come back to my old faithfuls.
I have just recently heard a lot of talk about a new cream to help with breakouts and problem skin, I placed an order for a tube this morning and I will definitely be doing a review once I have given it a whirl.
Please let me know if you think I should add some beauty posts into my blog…I would really like to hear your thoughts xxx